My sweet Canadian law-student counterpart, Dancing Orange, kindly nominated me for the Liebster Award on Friday, and she pretty much made my weekend. That makes two awards in one week! I’m so flattered and humbled, and I’m still just in disbelief that anyone is even reading my blog – let alone considering it worthy of an award. Thanks again, Dancing Orange! I owe you one!
Now then, as part of the award-process, I’ve got to follow some rules, answer some questions, pose some questions of my own, and nominate some other spiffy blogs. Here we go!
1) Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2) Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it.
3) Answer questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4) Provide random facts about yourself.
5) Nominate blogs – that you feel deserve the award – who have less than 200 followers.
6) Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7) List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
My nominees for the Liebster Award
Put the Kettle On – I know I’ve sung Hannah’s praises before, but I just adore her blog so much. I think it absolutely deserves a spot on the list, and it’s a such a treat to peruse. Don’t miss out on her photos and great storytelling!
Collecting Conversations – I started following this blog yesterday, and I’m already enamored. Collecting Conversations has tons of lovely photos, fascinating interviews, and some truly thought-provoking pieces of writing. It technically has just over 200 followers, but I’m going to break the rules and nominate it anyway because I love it so much.
Sarah Marie – A super fun pop culture site that has something for everyone. Anyone who appreciates references to Rory Gilmore, ranking Kate Middleton’s fashion, and binging on Netflix won’t regret following this great blog.
The Royal Post – This is another intriguing royal blog that discusses some rather interesting aspects of the royals’ lives (for example, the history of the luggage that travels with the royals on official tours and the commissioning/sitting for official royal portraits).
Tales From 1L Hell – A law student blog filled with gifs and stories about the whirlwind first year of law school.
Infographics Daily – I love charts, graphs, and statistics, and this blog has all of the above. The topics range anywhere from how long it would take you to binge-watch The OC versus Breaking Bad to crazy facts about sleep to the evolution of the camera.
Cutie Cameras – A fun and whimsical lifestyle and fashion blog that’s filled with sweet pins, clothes, and personal anecdotes.
Honorable mention: A Spoonful of Style – I wanted to nominate this blog for this award, but it’s already received it! Nevertheless, make sure you follow this beautiful lifestyle blog. I have yet to run across a post I don’t love.
Dancing Orange’s questions for me
1) What made you start to blog?
Believe it or not, my interest in blogging peaked through Instagram. I follow a lot of fashion bloggers on there, and I loved the idea of using a blog to share my interests – besides just fashion, of course. My blog started off more as a place to discuss the trials and tribulations of being a young (almost) working professional/student, but it sort of evolved as time went on.
2) What kind of dessert would you be?
A cupcake. Hands down. I’ve already decided that if all else fails in life, I will open my own cupcake stand.
3) A movie you can watch again and again
Oh, no. I can’t pick just one, so I’m going to break the unwritten rule and pick four.
– 21 Jump Street. My favorite scene is probably when Channing Tatum messes up the recitation of the Miranda Rights.
– Legally Blonde. I can quote this movie line for line. “What? Like it’s hard?”
– National Treasure. I love heist movies for some weird reason. Plus, Riley is a hilarious dork, and I love his sarcasm.
– The Fast and the Furious franchise. I’m completely unashamed of my love for this series. The last three films in particular are just a blast. Vin Diesel’s acting is kind of terrible, but the movies are so intriguing that I can’t stop watching. (#RIPPaulWalker)
4) Ability to fly or breathe under water?
Breathe underwater. I’m terrified of heights.
5) A defining moment
When I chose which college to attend. Looking back on it, that decision altered my life forever – in the absolute best way possible. I’m so incredibly happy with the choice I made, and I can’t imagine how different my life would be if I’d chosen my other (at the time) dream school.
6) What is your simple pleasure of life?
Sitting at home on the couch in my PJs on a Friday night eating take-out and watching movies with my friends.
7) Summarize yourself in 5 words
Fan of inadvertently sounding Southern.
Random facts about me
- I’ve never broken a bone (knock on wood that I never do).
- I decided I wanted to go to law school when I was 9-years-old.
- I had a mid-collegiate crisis during which I almost dropped my journalism major and switched to a business minor (thank goodness I didn’t actually go through with that!).
- I think Washington, D.C. is the coolest city in America. My dream is to live in a rowhouse in Georgetown.
- I like to give names to certain inanimate objects (mostly cars). For example, I named my SUV Timmy. The sports car I had before that was named Daisy.
- I love pretty much everything that Kate Spade designs. I love how quirky, yet classic, her purses, dresses, and jewelry are.
- I’m usually late to the party when it comes to popular TV shows. I didn’t watch the series “The OC” until about three years ago (now I’m completely enamored with it), I started “Scandal” two and a half seasons in, and I just started watching “Mad Men” on Netflix two months ago (I’m in the middle of season 5 now).
My questions for the nominees
1) When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2) What is your favorite TV show that is currently on-air (i.e., still has new episodes airing/will have a new season in the coming year)?
3) What is the most-played song in your iTunes library?
4) What Hogwarts house do you believe you should be placed in and why?
5) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
6) If you could spend 1 hour with any person – living, dead, or fictional – who would it be and why?
7) What’s the last book you read?
Make sure you check out Dancing Orange – even if you’re not a law student. It’s a versatile blog chock-fill of beauty posts, law school stories, and other fun tid bits.