Award season seems to have arrived again, this time courtesy of Tales from 2L Hell. K, a second-year law student detailing the trials (pun intended) and tribulations of being a law student, has nominated this lil’ blog for the Sunshine Award. Of course, I don’t object (so. many. law. puns.). But I will object if you don’t check out her blog.
1) Give five facts about yourself.
2) Answer the questions your nominator posed for you.
3) Nominate other bloggers for the award.
4) Give five questions for your nominees to answer.
Five Facts About Me
1) I’m allergic to nature. An allergist once tested me for all sorts of environmental allergies, and the test revealed that I’m basically allergic to every type of grass and tree known to man.
2) I’m perpetually cold. Tiny space heaters are my friend.
3) I wasn’t able to move into my current apartment until seven weeks after my designated move-in date because of construction delays. I ended up staying with a friend (who is the most generous and patient friend you could ask for) during those seven weeks and commuted almost an hour to work every day.
4) I think my favorite color is red. That’s right, I THINK it’s red. I dunno.
5) I love picture frames, especially unique ones. I have oodles of framed photos around my office and my apartment. The more the merrier.
Tales from 2L Hell’s Q&A
1) If you could adopt any one animal (domestic or wild) to keep as a pet, what would you adopt and why?
If we are going to be practical about it, I would say a puppy, because duh. Dogs are furry little people, except they are better than people because they care more about their human than they do about themselves. But if I could somehow have my very own penguin, that would be magical. I love penguins because they waddle, they can’t fly (which is weird because they are a bird), and because lady penguins are total BOSSES (they leave their husbands behind to care for their eggs while they hunt for food!)
2) Pretend that whatever career path you’re on, you never chose. What new career would you choose to have and why?
Either interior decorator or graphic designer. I just love scouring websites and stores for decor, and the funnest part of moving into my own apartment was picking out all sorts of cute and chic home accessories. I also love playing around with Photoshop and creating posters, tweaking photos, and making artsy, collage-y wallpaper for my laptop.
3) What is your favorite childhood movie?
The Aristocats. It is easily the best Disney cartoon movie (Finding Nemo is Disney/Pixar’s best animated movie, in my opinion). At the place I interned at last summer, the interns all shared a workroom, and one day, we decided to play the Aristocats soundtrack while we worked. Yes, we were SO cool.
4) If you could eat one type of food (Mexican, Chinese, etc) for the next 3 years, what cuisine would you choose?
Italian. Man, I love me some pasta.
5) What is one legitimately bad habit would you like to break?
I eat out far too much. I wish I wasn’t so darn lazy and didn’t crave cookies and macarons all the time.
Questions for the Nominees
1) What are your feelings regarding the book and/or movie “Gone Girl”?
2) What’s something you see other bloggers do that you think is strange, annoying, or dumb?
3) What was the last song you listened to (don’t lie and go listen to a cool or indie/hipster song before you answer this)?
4) If you could only have access to one social media platform, what would it be and why?
5) What’s the nerdiest thing about you (ex: your nerdiest obsession, your nerdiest moment, your nerdiest accessory)?