Because people don’t quote songs enough. P.S. I made all of these. Hooray!
Y’all have been showering this little blog with so much love lately! I’ve been nominated for my second Liebster Award, this time courtesy of Anne at LOL For My Teen Years. Thanks again for the nod, Anne! And I hope everyone checks out her blog and her other nominees as well.
1) Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2) Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it.
3) Answer questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4) Provide random facts about yourself.
5) Nominate blogs – that you feel deserve the award – that have less than 1,000 followers.
6) Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7) List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you have to let the nominees know that you’ve nominated them for the Liebster Award and provide a link to your post.
Random Facts About Me
I’m running out of these, so I’m just going to write down whatever comes to mind.
1) The last thing I ate was a cookies & cream macaron that I bought from a local farmer’s market. Today was the first time I tried macarons, and I think I’m in love (my wallet, however, is not).
2) I’m currently listening to “All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor. I can’t get enough of this song. It is my jam.
3) I just found out that the British constructed-reality show “Made In Chelsea” begins airing new episodes this weekend from its special summer series in New York City, and I’m PUMPED. Crossing my fingers that my anonymous YouTube friend uploads Sunday night’s episode quickly.
4) The highlight of my week was discovering that Ikea will now ship certain duvets and duvet covers to your home. The closest Ikea is 200 miles away from me, so this discovery was a “PRAISE THE LORD” moment.
5) I recently discovered that one of my followers copied post ideas from two of my posts and then also used some phrases word-for-word in her post without giving me a “hat tip” or credit. That was pretty disappointing to see.
6) I can’t wait to see “Let’s Be Cops,” which stars two of the guys from TV’s “New Girl” (Nick Miller and Coach) as two dudes who pretend to be cops. I thought the movie was coming out this weekend, but much to my chagrin, it’s not coming out until next week. When I tweeted my frustrations, the official Twitter account for the movie “favorited” my tweet. I think this means I’m basically internet-famous. LOOK OUT, TYLER OAKLEY AND ZOELLA!
My Questions for the Nominees
1) What song is YOUR jam right now?
2) What is a skill or attribute that you wish you had?
3) What do you think is the greatest television show of all time?
4) What, in your opinion, is the best quality of your generation?
5) What, in your opinion, is the worst quality of your generation?
Anne’s Questions For Me
1) If money didn’t matter, what would your dream job be?
Either a cupcakery-owner, the owner of a graphic design company that solely produced frameable quotes and greeting cards, or an interior designer.
2) What is the moment you realized you should start your own blog?
My alma mater asked me to be part of a panel discussion on the versatility of a journalism degree earlier this year. The college students in attendance were all required to maintain blogs as part of their class curriculum. After meeting with those students and sitting back in the same classroom I spent hours in as an undergrad, I realized I’d lost my love for writing during law school. Starting up a blog seemed like a great way to combine all my passions and start writing for fun again.
3) If you could teleport yourself to a place, any place (real or imaginary) which one would it be? (and yes, you can after that go back home :))
Fictional place: Stars Hollow – which is the tiny Connecticut town where the show “Gilmore Girls” is set.
Real place: Present day London.
4) This might sound like a job interview but… Where do you see yourself in five years?
Working for a non-profit or a government agency either as a lawyer or as an advocate for human rights (or maybe both!).
5) Who is your favourite artist (painter, designer, musician etc.) of all time?
Fashion Designer: If we’re gonna go classic, we’ll have to go with Chanel. If we’re gonna go modern day, I’d say Elie Saab.
Musician: Coldplay, followed closely by Train.
6) What food would you never get tired of eating?
7) What task would you like to accomplish today?
I’m buying a giant cat sleeping/play tower for my best friend’s cat today (it’s a long story), and I’m praying that I can make it fit in my car without looking like an absolute fool in the store parking lot.
8) What is your favourite mythological or fairy-tale creature?
The chameleon from “Tangled” or the kitties from “The Aristocats.”
9) How would you describe yourself in three words?
Starbucks-addict. Neurotic. Loyal.
11) Who is your role model and why?
My mom. She is the strongest, most level-headed, compassionate, and patient person I know. She has more wisdom and grace than I could ever hope to have, and she is literally the best mother and friend a girl could ask for. If it wasn’t for her, I would definitely not be the person who I am today.