After almost three weeks, the Cambridges’ royal tours of Australia and New Zealand have come to a close. Now that we’ve seen the Duchess of Cambridge wear dozens of new outfits, it’s time to pick the top ten. These are, of course, just my opinion. I have a feeling my number one choice is probably not most people’s choice, so let me know which of Kate’s outfits you loved the most in the comments!
Now, without further ado, here are my top 10 picks for the Duchess of Cambridge’s best outfits during the Royal Tours of New Zealand and Australia.
10) Arriving in Queenstown, NZ to visit a local winery | wearing a gingham button-down from Gap, blazer from Zara, and wedges from Stuart Weitzman
9) At a playdate with Prince George as part of a visit to toddler organization, Plunket, in New Zealand | wearing Tory Burch
8) Visiting the Royal New Zealand Police College (and later playing with police puppies in-training!) | wearing Rebecca Taylor separates
7) Leaving Australia to return to England with the Duke of Cambridge and Prince George | wearing a Michael Kors coat dress
6) Arriving in Dunedin, NZ for Palm Sunday service | wearing an Emilia Wickstead dress
As many were quick to note, this is sort of a repeat outfit. The Duchess has worn the same dress in pink on two other occasions.
5) Attending a welcoming ceremony upon the Cambridges’ arrival to New Zealand | wearing a Catherine Walker coat dress
OMG. I think the hat makes this whole outfit. It’s so very Jackie O. The coat dress is one of the better ones I’ve seen Kate wear, although the buttons are a bit large.
It’s no secret that my ultimate style icon is the Duchess of Cambridge (better known as “Kate Middleton” in the United States). We will undoubtedly see her sport some lovely new outfits over the next three weeks as she, Prince William, and Prince George embark on a royal tour of New Zealand and Australia. But before the Duchess charms us with her charisma and charitable heart, I thought it would be fun to look back at some of her most (in my opinion) lovely outfits.
Wearing Alexander McQueen
Wearing a blazer by Ralph Lauren and boots by Russell and Bromley
Wearing Alexander McQueen
Wearing Erdem during the Royal Tour of Canada in 2011
Wearing a custom Jenny Packham gown for a event during the 2012 Olympics
Wearing an Orla Kiely coatdress
Wearing Alexander McQueen during her wedding ceremony to Prince William
Wearing a Jenny Packham creation for the anniversary of the Queen’s coronation
Wearing a coatdress during a tour of the London Underground with the Queen
Wearing a Zara dress with a Ralph Lauren blazer the day after her wedding.
Wearing Prabal Gurang during a Royal Tour of Singapore
Wearing a Zara blazer during an Olympics event
Wearing a Ralph Lauren dress to a charity event with Prince William
Wearing a Reiss dress during the Royal Tour of Canada. The Duchess wore the same dress in her engagement photos with Prince William.
There are so many things to love about the Duchess’s fashion. She is confident, yet modest. She pays tribute to tradition, but with a modern twist. She wears high fashion labels, but wears “high street” brands more often than not.
She is not afraid to repeat outfits. She is not afraid to wear heels (and as a rather tall girl myself, I applaud her for that). She is not afraid to pop into a clothing shop and pick out her own clothes.
She is always smiling and always looks effortless.
She’s just like us. Except she lives in a palace, has a fleet of Land Rovers, has access to priceless jewels, and is befitted with the most gorgeous hair that only a princess could have.