After I get tired of listening to Kaplan Bar Review Lectures all day, I resort to listening to more entertaining (and sometimes even more depressing) things. Here’s a list of the songs currently on rotation in my iTunes and Spotify libraries.
- Hurry, Hurry by Air Traffic Controller (this is legitimately the theme song to my life right now. It’s super fast and upbeat, but neurotic at the same time. I LOVE IT.)
- Still by Daughter
- Tokyo by Lily Kershaw
- Just Be Mine by Cher Lloyd
- Back Home by Andy Grammer
- Forgive Me by Austra
- Holes by Passenger
I know I don’t usually post stuff about music, but this song by Lily Kershaw is too good not to share. It’s like the comfort food of songs: perfect on a rainy afternoon, soothes your soul, and goes well with a good book.
Beautifully simple, beautifully sad, beautifully sung.
P.S. If you’re a fan of the TV show “Criminal Minds,” you might recognize this song from the latest season finale.
Just thought I’d put up a quick post about some of my favorite songs at the moment. Since it’s the beginning of the month, it seems like the perfect time to do it. There’s a little bit of alternative, a little bit of pop, and a little bit of country (you can blame the Bobby Bones Show for that). So without further ado, here are some of the sounds currently on rotation in my iTunes library:
- Change by Churchill
- Beauty Queen by Foxes
- Beachin’ by Jake Owen
- San Francisco by Ingrid Michaelson
- Mason Jar by Smallpools
- Gale Song (from the Hunger Games: Catching Fire soundtrack) by The Lumineers
- Into the Wild by Lewis Watson
- My Oh My by Tristan Prettyman
- Things We Lost in the Fire by Bastille
- Love is War by American Young