For once, my tendency to be kind of random and neurotic has paid off: A Worried Student honored me with the Versatile Blogger Award! It came as quite a surprise – he has so many wonderful followers and is such a talented blogger himself that I would’ve never imagined he’d pick me. So, if for some reason you aren’t already following him, make sure you head on over to his flipping marvelous blog (even if you’re not worried. Or a student. Or a worried student).
Anywho, with great power comes great responsibility, and therefore, it is my duty to provide y’all with seven facts about me and a list of versatile blogs that I absolutely adore. Please make sure that you check out all of ’em!
Seven Facts About Me
1. I’m neurotic when it comes to the types of posts I… uh… post. I worry that I write too much about culture, and not enough about jobs, finance, and tech. In other words, I worry that T#G isn’t versatile enough. I guess this award proves me wrong. #huzzah
2. I was born and raised in the South, so it drives me nuts when an actor/character adopts a Southern accent that sounds like it belongs to a person from the 19th century. It’s terribly inaccurate. I’m sure it’s the same way British people feel when American actors (except Johnny Depp) try to put on British accents.
3. When I was like four or five years old, I thought that boxed ice cream cones sold in grocery stores came with a scoop of ice cream in them. I was bitterly disappointed when we’d open the box and there would only be cones, but no ice cream. I was stupid. I was easily fooled by the photo on the outside of the box.
4. I watch “Friends” every night before going to bed.
5. When I was in the fifth grade, a friend told me about this book she was reading called “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.” She said it was really good, and she offered to let me borrow it. I declined, and said “I don’t like that sci-fi and fantasy stuff.” Dumbest decision I ever made.
6. If my entire wardrobe consisted of items from Kate Spade and if my home was decorated with items from Anthropologie and Crate & Barrel, I’d be the happiest girl in all the land.
7. “Finding Nemo” is Pixar’s best movie. End of story.
Even More Versatile Bloggers
Rules for the Award Winners
- You’ve got to include the image of the award on your blog
- You’ve got to write a post in which you link back to the blogger who nominated you
- You’ve got to list your nominees for the Versatile Blog Award and let them know you nominated them
- You’ve got to list seven random facts about yourself