The Hashtag Generation has officially returned to its regularly scheduled blogging! Bar studying is over, the bar exam is over, and now I have a couple weeks off before I start my new job. This means I’ll be back to posting more regularly and keeping up with y’alls blogs more regularly, too.
Now then, there’s one order of business that is extremely overdue: giving a shoutout to Opinionated Duck for nominating me for my second “Very Inspiring Blogger Award.” The Duck’s blog is a great mix of thought-provoking and interesting content, gifs of Stephen Colbert, and an appropriate dosage of sarcasm. You should definitely add this blog to your Reader. Thanks, Duck!
Now then, y’all know the drill about the award: if you want to participate, you’ve got to write up a post where you 1) thank and link the blogger who nominated you, 2) list seven facts about yourself, 3) make a list of your nominees for the award, and 4) display the award.
Seven Facts About Me
- I don’t have a favorite color.
- I had to get my ears pierced three separate times before the piercings stayed.
- I drink peppermint mocha lattes year-round. Fun fact: you can buy peppermint mocha creamer at your grocery store OR you can buy a whole bottle of Starbucks’ peppermint syrup, combine it with some mocha creamer, and create your own peppermint mocha. Second fun fact: you can order peppermint mochas at Starbucks year-round – not just at Christmastime. All you have to do is ask for a white chocolate mocha with a shot of peppermint. BOOM.
- I spent a large chunk of my youth under the mistaken belief that I was allergic to peanuts. It wasn’t until I went to an allergist that I learned that I could eat all the Snickers bars and peanut-butter-covered Oreos I want.
- I started reading “The Fault in Our Stars” two months ago, but I stopped reading it right at the part where I could tell things were about to get tear-jerkingly depressing.
- I can quote “Mean Girls,” “Legally Blonde,” and “What Happens in Vegas” pretty much line for line.
- “Gilmore Girls” is my favorite show of all time, and I own all seven seasons on DVD. I used to watch at least one episode every day during college.
My nominees for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Blu Chicken Ninja | Filled with photos, book reviews, crafty art projects. There is just so much to love about this blog!
Mystery Squid | Fabulous quotes and gorgeous photos
Pied a Terre Blog | Refreshing, simple, and stunning interior design and fashion inspiration.
Taken by the Lapels | Some wonderful musings about life and fashion and even puppies. I love it all.
Gluestick Mum | She’s got some hilarious anecdotes!
Fat Free Fashion | Clothing, accessories, and makeup posts galore – and all at great prices!
The British Fashionista | This has quickly become one of my favorite fashion blogs.
Vogue and Blah | Another lovely fashion and lifestyle blog